full install slackware 9.1.
then install evolution:
tell me no  libsoup-2.0.so.0
thx
:help
 楼主| 发表于 2003-11-30 01:59:26 | 显示全部楼层

found it

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/105643

Slackware 9.1 - Evolution install         ( post #1)

I got Evolution installed in Slack 9.1 today without Dropline-Gnome. Dropline was created for Slack 9 (though they are working on a 9.1 version) and I couldn't get it to install so I decided to try getting Evolution by itself. It wasn't really that hard

First: Download Evolution 1.4 here: http://slackpacks.tchelinux.com.br/
I used version 1.4.4 for Slackware 9.

Install with $ installpkg filename.tgz

Now you'll have to satisfy some dependancies.
First on the list is libsoup-2.0.so.0 which can be downloadedhere
I used libsoup-1.99.23-i686. Again, $ installpkg file.tgz

Next came libgtkhtml-3.0.so which I foundhere

Next, I needed libgal-2.0.so.3 which was tough to find. I wound up getting it in RPM format here
I then used: $ rpm2tgz filename.rpm to change it to a slackpack and installed again with installpkg filename.tgz (rpm2tgz is a great util )

And voila! I am using Evolution, my favorite mail/calender app for Linux. If you are also using Slack 9.1, this should be all it takes to get it working. I did the full 9.1 install, so...

*update: I am realizing some of the same bugs I had when I updated Slack 9 with Dropline via swaret to Slack 9.1 though. The most annoying is not being able to close Evolution without killing it. You have to make sure to kill all the evolution processes to restart it. Sorting out these few bugs is only a few items away on the priority list I'll post any progress.
发表于 2003-12-1 14:09:59 | 显示全部楼层
The latest version is 1.4.5, and 2.0 is coming. BTW, using dropline gnome will solve all your problems.
发表于 2003-12-1 14:40:09 | 显示全部楼层
好久不用evolution的说,一般都是webmail解决问题。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表