找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: shell linux mysql
查看: 4209|回复: 15

LFS没有钱了,只能访问mirror了,wuwu!

[复制链接]
发表于 2002-11-1 16:39:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Divers : Shadowfax (LFS server) is in need for a new homePosted by LoX on 2002/10/24 2:26:47 (37 reads)

DiversHi guys,

Shadowfax, the main linuxfromscratch.org server, is in trouble. Our current host VA Software will cease to provide colocation for the server at the end of this month (so that means 7 more days) because of reorganizations in their IT department. All free-colocated servers that are not part of the SourceForge.net network will be unplugged and sent back to their respective owners. So that means in about two weeks I'll have the LFS server sitting at my house.

I will take the opportunity to rebuild the server, maybe do some hardware upgrades, but mainly put an LFS-CVS system on it. But then what...

As you can see, LFS needs a new home. We've tried contacting some ISPs but nothing worked out. Either we don't get a response at all, or a rejection.

When the server goes offline, LFS won't die. Jesse has offered his server as a backup. Email will keep going, including mailinglists, as well as CVS. The web and FTP sites will be offline but Jesse's apache listening to linuxfromscratch.org will contain the list of current mirrors we have so books and packages can still be downloaded. IRC too will keep going.

So, development of LFS will be impeded since Jesse's box has as a strict bandwidth limit (he gets charged when he goes over 10 GB/month, currently we're doing 23 GB/day so we need to cut down seriously, though cutting out FTP and HTTP will probably leave us with only a few dozen MB's a day. Email doesn't take all that much).

While LFS will be limping around a bit (pardon the pun) I'm requestion assistance from you LFS'ers. Is there anybody on this list who is able to co-locate the LFS server? I must point out that I don't make any money off LFS and personal funds aren't available to pay for it.

If a new home for the server can't be found, I'll probably fall back to using sourceforge.net's servers for all the bandwidth intensive stuff. However colocation is of course preferred. It gives us a lot more freedom as how we implement LFS and what services we provide and how they are provided. For one, we'll probably have to get rid of the FTP archive because I currently don't have access to the FTP mirrors to make updates.

Then the mailinglists archives: I don't want to burden Jesse's box too much (regenerating the mailinglist archives daily is very CPU and I/O intensive and it also uses up a lot of bandwidth (currently 10 GB/month or something like that).

If you are able to make an offer, please contact me directly instead of using this list. It'll be quicker for me to go through personal email.

If you need details as to what kind of bandwidth the server is using when it's used in its current capacity, visit http://stats.linuxfromscratch.org

You'll find the MRTG graphs in particular most useful, as well as the bandwidth stats. They give you the montly totals and the average contineous upload speed (our current annual average is 1400 Kbit/sec, though the last month it has been increasing to closer to 2500 to 3000 Kbit/sec)

Thanks guys,

Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org
发表于 2002-11-2 01:33:06 | 显示全部楼层
我早应该给他们捐一点。。。唉。。。。
发表于 2002-11-2 02:00:58 | 显示全部楼层
残念#¥%!#¥%
病刚好,好不容易改掉的失眠毛病也跟着回来了
来到刚想硬着头皮去学习下lfs,却看到了这个
 楼主| 发表于 2002-11-2 02:37:05 | 显示全部楼层
还好,他们的mirror多,都能上的,而且mailing list也还在,他可能马上就会找到空间的,就算找不到,也会在sourceforge安个家,放心学吧,没关系的。
发表于 2002-11-2 02:57:30 | 显示全部楼层
已经开始了
烦心中,好不容易下载完lfs—packageg
嘿,绝了,包有破损
不知道是asia mirror的事情,还是自己最近触霉头弄的
重新下载
 楼主| 发表于 2002-11-2 03:36:57 | 显示全部楼层
我是一个一个下的,不怕破,建议你也这样啊,反正也不麻烦的。
发表于 2002-11-2 05:28:15 | 显示全部楼层
做到安装基本系统软件 之安装gcc3.2了
不成拉,起来再做
肚子疼,困
发表于 2002-11-2 14:51:34 | 显示全部楼层
我这里一套包都是好的. 当然只限于我装过的.呵呵.好多包我都跳了.
谁有空间, 我传一份上去就是.
发表于 2002-11-3 13:30:52 | 显示全部楼层
我现在也开始学了,以后有什么问题,请多多指教!
发表于 2002-11-4 12:54:28 | 显示全部楼层
对了tram你说你也有gtk 和IM的问题。我下了一个gtk2-1。xxxx的rpm从rpmfind上面。装好就没问题了。
我记得编译的时候加了enable-xim了,但是还是turn out不行。你下一个那个包试试吧。我现在装了一个阳春白雪的输入法,这个是我第一个装上之后不包错的输入发。
但是,令人汗颜的是。。。。。我ctrl+space掉不出来它。真是,也不知道是哪里错了。
说实话,汉化那一套我已经能背下来了,可是痛苦的是,你发现别人文章里面说的需要修改的地方你都改了,问题还是在那里。。。。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表