注册
搜索
热搜: shell linux mysql
查看: 2020|回复: 19

KDE和slackware ?

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-6-3 22:28:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
参见: http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/whats-cooking/
After talking to Pat Volkerding, I announced on the KDE packager mailing list that we are considering the same solution as was chosen for GNOME in the past:
[color="Red"]remove KDE from Slackware if it proves to become a maintenance burden. I can not yet say anything final about this. For the time being,
I have decided not to create Slackware packages for the KDE Software Compilation 4.7.x.

文中提出,KDE 4.7系列将软件包全都细分了,和GNOME一样,如果这成为了
slackware开发人员的负担的话,他们会像对待GNOME一样对待KDE--将其从
slackware中移除。当然,现在还没到盖棺定论的时候。

如果将来真的这样的话,slackware将抛弃两个最大的桌面环境。What is your choice?
发表于 2011-6-3 23:38:00 | 显示全部楼层
无关人士路过打酱油

slackware 咋这么有个性啊.....
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-6-3 23:44:14 | 显示全部楼层
一直盼着KDE细分,这次能分多细?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-6-3 23:52:48 | 显示全部楼层
slackware 开发者
你们都是懒人对不对……
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2011-6-4 00:30:05 | 显示全部楼层
Post by 糊涂;2141648
一直盼着KDE细分,这次能分多细?

刚看了下,目前KDE snapshots里源码包的个数比以前多了差不多一倍,不过跟gnome 的比起来还是小儿科。估计gnome的悲剧不会在kde上发生,不过要是kde
一直将源码包细分的话,slackware开发人员可能承受不起。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-6-4 17:14:10 | 显示全部楼层
http://www.linuxquestions.org/qu ... e3.html#post4375487
Post by volkerdi

Howdy folks!

We did indeed announce that to KDE's packagers' mailing list, and the discussion that resulted really was a remarkable example of community collaboration. There was a consensus that the way in which the splitting of packages was happening was lacking a game plan, and as a result there's going to be a lot more discussion about where the splits should occur and the rationale for them, including how the inter-package dependencies will be impacted. At the time alienBOB first spoke up to the list, the splits were happening based on the how the modules were set up in git, which is not necessarily the best way to split up the source tarballs.

So, it was a very good discussion to have, and other distros have stepped up to express similar concerns. Together, we will find workable solutions for all of us.

Personally, I am a big fan of KDE. I'm running it right now. It is my usual desktop environment, and it's likely to remain so. But sometimes it helps to talk nonsense from time to time to get a serious discussion going.  

Hopefully we won't be branded as trolls now...  
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-6-4 19:56:16 | 显示全部楼层
剔除了就不用,反正不影响我坚持slk
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-6-7 22:03:37 | 显示全部楼层
一直用Slackware,从来没用过KDE的路过……
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-6-8 08:45:56 | 显示全部楼层
随便弄个 WM 用不就行了,何必装大型的桌面环境?再说了,KDE/GNOME 里面有太多的东西装后就没用过